Cllr Phil Harris Hough Green Ward Halton Borough Council

Halton Borough Council

How to report adult or child abuse in Halton

Like other Council's, HBC has an Emergency Duty Care Team.
This is a social work service.

The aims of the service are to access the needs of vulnerable individuals, adults, children and their families. Where neccessary they offer temporary services to support those who may be at risk.

Anyone who is at immedate risk or has concerns about a child or adult who may be at immediate or serious risk may contact the team.

This service operates outside normal working hours.
The team can be contacted by phoning;

0845 0500 148 or
0345 0500 148.

Information from callers is passed on to the Emergency Duty Social Worker, who will decide on the course of action to be taken.

During normal hours phone 0151 907 8306 to report adult abuse or 01928 704341 to report child abuse.

Brief profile of the Council.

Halton Borough Council is a Unitary authority with responsibility for all local government services.
It is located in the Northwest of England within the County of Cheshire. Read about Halton Council's
performance, on the council website, as rated by the UK's independent Audit Commission.

Halton council straddles the River Mersey and covers the town of Widnes and Hale Village north of the river and the town of Runcorn and the villages of Daresbury, Moore & Preston Brook south of the river.
The towns are linked by the Silver Jubilee bridge. The population of the borough is just over 119,000 people. In addition to Halton Borough Council there are six parish councils.

Prior to it being established in 1998 the council had been a District council as a result of the 1974
re-organisation of local government. This meant all major services such as education and social services were run by the former Cheshire County Council during this time, until Halton became a Unitary
in 1998. The former Cheshire County Council was replaced by two Unitary authorities in 2009.
These new councils are called Cheshire West & Chester and Cheshire East.

To contact the Council.

To view Halton Borough Council's website click here
The website provides access to information and links to different parts of the council online.

The Council's Contact Centre can be phoned 24 hours, seven days a week, on 0303 333 4300. This council call centre will address many concerns or issues you want to raise by phone. If it can't you'll be
put through to someone who can if during normal working hours or a duty officer in emergencies..

If you need to speak to someone in person about a council service then visit one of the council's Direct Link Offices. These are open Mon - Fri 9am to 5.30pm & Saturday 9am - 1pm. (except bank holidays)
You can find the Widnes Direct Link offices in Brook Street next to the market .


Runcorn Town Hall


Muncipal Building - Widnes.


The existing Bridge & illustration of new Mersey Gateway.


Ward map of Halton.